[Asterisk-Users] UK ISDN2e with DDI?

Patrick Lidstone (Personal E-mail) patrick at lidstone.net
Wed Dec 7 07:50:17 MST 2005

> We're about ready to go ahead with a nice 6 line (maybe later
> 8) ISDN setup with Asterisk at Home and the quad Junghanns card.
>
> Before we do, could anyone confirm for me that BT's ISDN2e
> lines do actually provide Asterisk with the DDI number? We
> need to be able to route incoming calls based on which number
> is ringing.

Yes, but you need to subscribe to one or more MSNs to do so. MSNs are
available with ISDN2e or Business Highway, but not Home Highway. The
distinction is a marketing, rather than technical, one. If you need a block
of consecutive MSNs they must be ordered at the same time (and IIRC there is
a minimum order quantity). Each MSN allocated incurs an additional line
rental.

If you need DDI, and it suits your operating environment, it is likely that
it would be much more cost effective to buy them through a UK IAX provider
rather than install ISDN2e.

Patrick