[Asterisk-Users] Flash operation on a call on a ZAP interface...

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Wed Dec 7 01:05:53 MST 2005

On Wed, December 7, 2005 2:24, Marc-andre Poupier said:
> Also I have another question about the voicemail system, is it possible
> in my message to say HI you have reached me blah blah if you need to
> speak to so and so press on this number to reach him and the call would
> be transferred back to an extension, like my extension 7 in this
> example?

Not in VoiceMail, but you could make an autoattendant that does this...
(AMP has some easy features to help you do so)

An AMP Auto Attendant basically looks like this:
(Some options here rely on AMP macro's, so you may need to do things
slightly different in some cases!)

[aa_1]
;First put in the dial-options. Note that not all options need be
announced in the message:
exten => 0,1,Goto(aa_2,s,1)     ;Go to another attendant (in my case,
switch languages)
exten => 1,1,Goto(ext-group,2,1)        ;Dial group 2
exten => 2,1,Goto(ext-group,4,1)        ;Dial group 4
exten => 3,1,Goto(ext-group,3,1)        ;Dial group 3, etc.
exten => fax,1,Goto(ext-fax,in_fax,1)   ;What to do if a fax called us
exten => h,1,Hangup()   ;What to do when they hang up (hang up as well,
d'oh!)
exten => i,1,Playback(invalid)  ;What to do on an invalid choice
exten => i,2,Goto(s,7)  ;
include => ext-local ; include the local extension as valid options.
Allows direct dialling of extensions from the AA
include => app-messagecenter ; include the messagecenter. Allows direct
access to the message center from the AA
include => app-directory ; include the directory. Allows people to access
the 411 directory of asterisk
exten => s,1,GotoIf($[${DIALSTATUS} = ANSWER]?4)        ;If the call was
already answered, go to #4 otherwise...
exten => s,2,Answer()   ;Pickup
exten => s,3,Wait(1)    ;Wait a bit before playing the AA message
exten => s,4,SetVar(DIR-CONTEXT=general)        ;
exten => s,5,DigitTimeout(3)    ; Set the timeout between digits
exten => s,6,ResponseTimeout(7) ; Set how long we'll wait on a choice
(timeout = invalid response, ie extension 'i', which sends you back to
's,7'
exten => s,7,Background(custom/aa_1) ; Play the AA message

(Note that anything behind a semi-colon (;) is a comment from myself to
explain what it is doing...)

HTH!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch