[Asterisk-Users] Flash operation on a call on a ZAP interface...

Marc-andre Poupier mapoupier at guardianmicro.com
Tue Dec 6 18:24:19 MST 2005

Hi all!!

I've been reading the list for the last couple of days it's all pretty
interesting stuff, but I still have a question that I cannot seem to
find an answer.  We use asterisk 1.2.0 mostly if not only with ZAP
channels connected to the PSTN with digium hardware.  We use centrex
lines that have 3-way calling and external call transfer.  Ok here is
the big question, how can I dial the link/flash button with a soft phone
when I'm on a call?

I was thinking of using the dial plan but unfortunately I cannot access
the dial plan once I'm on a call.  I know the information is out there I
just cannot find it...

exten => 7,1,Flash()

exten => 7,n,SendDTMF(w5145551212)

exten => 7,n,Flash()

exten => 7,n,Wait(5)

exten => 7,n,Hangup()

This example that I can use when I want to transfer a call to my cell
phone, I transfer the call to extension 7 and it works but it's not what
I'm trying to achieve here...

Also I have another question about the voicemail system, is it possible
in my message to say HI you have reached me blah blah if you need to
speak to so and so press on this number to reach him and the call would
be transferred back to an extension, like my extension 7 in this
example?

Marc-andre Poupier, System Architect
Guardian Microsystems Inc.
The Invisible IT People (r)