[Asterisk-Users] Connecting asterisk over consumer wifi network

Tue Dec 6 23:42:57 MST 2005

Would like to find out if it is possible to setup a VoIP network with
asterisk and 9 x polycom IP 501 or 600 handsets, the main difficulty is
that there is no cabling in place, and it isn't possible to run cabling
(heritage building, need to demolish walls + half the ceiling to get the
cables in). So, I'd like to get some feedback on how it might work if we
simply put a wireless access point at each workstation, and used the 4
port switch to connect to the PC + polycom handset.

ie, that is a single 3 storey building with 9 wifi access points....
main thing I was concerned about is how the wifi will handle so many
access points all on the same channel/SSID/etc in such a small
environment.

Any comments/suggestions/etc would be more than appreciated, especially
any "I've done it and it works great" :)

Regards,
Adam