[Asterisk-Users] Nortel Meridian Option81C to TE405P

Anish Basu anish at softelinc.com
Tue Dec 6 15:59:15 MST 2005

Hi,

I am having problems connecting a Nortel Meridian Option 81C PBX to my
Asterisk 1.20 server.  We are using the TE405P card with one crossover PRI
T1 cable connecting the two systems.  The lights on the back of the TE405P
are green and zttool shows that the span is okay.  Calls cannot be made and
'pri show span 1' shows the d-channel as down.  If anyone has any experience
with this, suggestions and tips are greatly appreciatd.  If we cannot get
this resolved within the next few days, we are willing to pay consulting
fees for help.  The config files are as listed below.  Thanks for any help
in advance.

zaptel.conf
-----------
loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
span=1,0,0,esf,b8zs
bchan=1-23
dchan=24

zapata.conf
-----------
[trunkgroups]

[channels]
language=en
switchtype=5ess
context=from-pbx
signalling=pri_net
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
channel => 1-23
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=yes
callwaitingcallerid=yes
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
faxdetect=both
musiconhold=default

Nortel configuration: b-channel,d-channel, and route data block
REQ  prt
TYPE adan dch 10

ADAN     DCH 10
  CTYP MSDL