[Asterisk-Users] hierarchical VoIP system

Jan Saell jan at irial.com
Tue Dec 6 12:42:12 MST 2005

Kind of depends on what you want to do!

Remember Asterisk is not a SIP proxy so if you want to be able to call a
phone from another SIP phone out in the world you probably best off with
ser as a sip proxy and the asterisk as gateways, features servers.

We do a lot of the routing and so with both ser and asterisk and sip
redirects so that works.

I see IAX more as a trunking protocol between the asterisk boxes so there
is a place for both.

Best regards
jan