[Asterisk-Users] Looking for advice on cell carrier's default "Unavaliable" message

Chris Bagnall asterisk at minotaur.cc
Tue Dec 6 10:39:41 MST 2005

I don't know where you're based, so I've no idea if this'll work for your
users.

If you're using GSM mobiles there are a load of (reasonably) standard
vertical service codes to enable/disable call forwarding etc. depending on
conditions. How about this:
1) set up a DID that's never answered in Asterisk (or any other number you
know will ring forerver)
2) get your users to divert to that DID on unavailable (rather than
diverting nowhere, or as is default here in the UK, to the mobile provider's
voicemail service)
3) Asterisk will not now see the call as answered. Problem solved
(hopefully).

Regards,

Chris