[Asterisk-Users] Looking for advice on cell carrier's default "Un avaliable" message

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Mon Dec 5 11:10:11 MST 2005

On Monday 05 December 2005 12:09, Colin Anderson wrote:
> Everything works 100%, except when the user shuts his cell phone off. When
> that happens, and he doesn't pick up his SIP/IAX extension, it hits his
> cell phone, and the cell carrier's default Unavailable message is played.
> Asterisk detects this as the call being "answered" and completes the call.

Turn off voicemail on his cell phone, give out his DID instead of his cell #.
Send an SMS to his cellphone when new voicemail is left.

As far as Dial()ing his cell goes, use 'r' (this is exactly what it's designed
for) so that when the carrier is saying "The person  you're calling is out of
the calling area or has his phone off" all the caller hears is ringing.

I just described how I have my own system working and it seems to work just
fine.  :-)

-A.