[Asterisk-Users] RE:Is it possible to install ZAPTEL after installation of Asterisk

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Tue Dec 6 03:02:16 MST 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 01:48:09AM -0800, Tejas Shah wrote:
>  Hi all,
>
>                 I have installed and configured asterisk on my debian machine. Right now i m making asterisk server for making connection between 2 X-Lite phones. I m working on different applications (voicemail, call queuing etc). I m plannning to take new hardware (digitnetwork's X100p FXO card) to make VoIP gateway. My question is if:
>
>                  -  Is it possible to download and install ZAPTEL after working so much on asterisk?

Technically, in 1.0.x you must restart Asterisk for changes in
chan_zap's configuration. Maybe it will also work if chan_zap.so wasnot
loaded at all. In 1.2 it is should be possible possible to
apply zapata.conf changes with a reload only, though I'm not sure how
tested this is.

Naturally you first need to provide zaptel channels. But this is
independent and requires no rebootss or such and no asterisk restarts on
its own.

>                  -  If yes then for debian how and from where i can download it?

That depends: if you build asterisk from osurce, I figure you should
probably build zaptel from source as well.

zaptel 1.2 for Sarge, including pre-built modules for default Sarge
kernels, is available from http://rapid.dotsrc.org/experimental/ as
usual.

> -  What changes i have to make in system after installation of ZAPTEL?
> -  What other things (driver or other dependencies) i have to download?

Again: basically just zaptel. Follow the standard instructions.