[Asterisk-Users] Panasonic DBS DISA

Steven asterisk at tescogroup.com
Mon Dec 5 11:30:23 MST 2005

Hopefully, someone here has dealt with a Panasonic DBS in this way.

I have put an Asterisk server in front of our Panasonic DBS phone system.
The goal is to phase out our DBS, but during the transition, I still need to
have asterisk extensions access some features of our Panasonic.

The two features in question are paging though the Panasonic DBS and pickup
of parked calls.

The T1 card in my Panasonic sees Asterisk as a CO, but is also configured to
send 56XX and 57XX directly out the T1, so I can call from system to system
transparently.

Also, (I have not decided yet) I may keep the Panasonic indefinitely just
for paging and for the analog extensions for fax, etc.

I assume that I have two options:

1. Use DISA in the Panasonic DBS and have an *9001 (Panasonic code for
pickup park pos. 1)  extension in Asterisk to dial into the Panasonic, log
into DISA and dial *9001 in the Panasonic. Then do similar for other park
positions and paging.  I am having trouble figuring out DISA in the
Panasonic.

2. Configure an analog station port on asterisk and connect it directly to
an analog extension on the Panasonic to send these Panasonic codes.  The
catch here is that I only have so many analog extensions on the Panasonic
and may not have one available.  Also, I have no more slots in my Asterisk
to put in an analog card to do this with.  Also, I think that the iaxy, etc.
can only be used as analog CO ports.

Factoring the issues with above, the DISA over T1 would seem the best if I
could get it to work.

Has anyone here dealt with DISA on a Panasonic DBS?

Steven

May you have the peace and freedom that come from abandoning all hope of
having a better past.