[Asterisk-Users] Getting started with Asterisk and Aastra 9133i

Pete Barnwell peter at whole-uk.com
Mon Dec 5 09:27:57 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-05 at 11:15 -0500, Robert La Ferla wrote:
> Let me simplify my problem.  I have a single Aastra 9133i SIP phone and
> latest Asterisk from SVN source running on Fedora Core 4.  The phone
> currently says "No Service"  I would like to be able to dial "1234" from
> the phone and get Asterisk to play back an audio message or say some
> digits.  I can't get this to work with either SayDigits or Playback.
> Please help.
>
> ======
> sip.conf
> ======
>
> [general]
> port = 5060
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0
> context=tutorial
>
> [3006]
> type=friend
> username=3006
> secret=mypassword
> host=dynamic
> canreinvite=no
> permit=192.168.0.0/24
> allow=all
> mailbox=3006
>
> ===========
> extensions.conf
> ===========
>
> [tutorial]
> exten => 1234,1,Answer
> exten => 1234,2,SayDigits(123456789)
>

> ** TFTP directory **
>
> =============
> mymacaddress.cfg
> =============
>
> sip line1 auth name: 3006
> sip line1 password: mypassword
> sip line1 user name: 3006
> sip line1 display name: "myname"
> sip line1 screen name: "myname"
>
> =======
> aastra.cfg
> =======
>
> dhcp: 1                            # DHCP enabled.
> sip silence suppression: 2         # "0" = off, "1" = on, "2" = default
> sip proxy port: 5060             # 5060 is set by default.
> sip registrar ip: 192.168.0.99                # IP of registrar. ---
> THIS IS THE IP of my Asterisk and tftp server
> sip registrar port: 5060         # 5060 is set by default.
> sip digit time out: 6
> time server disabled: 0          # Time server disabled.
> time server1: 192.168.0.99        # Enable time server and enter at

I wasted a lot of time getting 9112is to work with almost identical
setup. The problem I eventually found was that the 9112is look for the
config file mymacaddress.cfg in upper case (eg 00085D035BC1.cfg) whereas
the documentation says they look for lower case, so they were ignoring
my tftp settings. The 9133i may well be the same.

The other thing I had to do was to provide the line

        next-server <tftpserver ip>;

in dhcpd.conf to get them to pick everything up. (IIRC that last bit was
only to do with time&date format though).

Cheers

Pete