[Asterisk-Users] Getting started with Asterisk and Aastra 9133i

robertlaferla at comcast.net robertlaferla at comcast.net
Sun Dec 4 14:19:08 MST 2005

I have a Aastra 9133i phone and would like to do a simple test to make sure everything works.  I already assigned an IP address to the phone (I'm able to ping it.)  I have Asterisk running (installed Asterisk and Zaptel only) but not configured.  I don't have a FXS/FXO card yet but I would like to test out the phone.  Ideally, I'd like to be able to setup a mailbox, record a mailbox greeting, and play it back.  How do I do this?

I ran "make samples" to install the basic config files then:

I added this to the sip.conf:

[aastra]
type=friend
host=192.168.0.99
mailbox=1234 at default

I also added this to the extensions.conf file:

Exten => 1234,1,Wait(2)
Exten => 1234,2,Record(/tmp/asterisk-recording:gsm)
Exten => 1234,3,Wait(2)
Exten => 1234,4,Playback (/tmp/asterisk-recording)
Exten => 1234,5,wait(2)
Exten => 1234,6,Hangup

When I dial "1234", nothing happens.  I'm not sure if that's how it supposed to work or what.