[Asterisk-Users] asterisk@home isdn

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Sun Dec 4 02:12:00 MST 2005

On Sat, Dec 03, 2005 at 09:28:57AM +0100, Karsten Wemheuer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, November 29, 2005 13:50 Francesco Peeters wrote:
> > BTW: BRIstuff is not included by default as it breaks PRI support.
> > Asterisk is already set up to use zap, so that is easy...
>
> As far as I know, BRIstuff is not included for licencing reasons...

That is: bristuff is fully free (GPL). Its author does not feel inclined
to allow Digium to relicense those changes.

> Is
> it true, that PRI support and BRIstuff are now incompatible?

Considering that one of the cards in bristuff (the driver name is "cwain",
which stands for "Card Without An Interesting Name", honestly) is a PRI
card, it can't be that incompatible.

However libpri in bristuff is more and more a rewrite rather than a
patch.