[Asterisk-Users] Broadband VoIP Startup with Asterisk

Chris Mason (Lists) lists at masonc.com
Sat Dec 3 23:26:52 MST 2005

> 4) What is some good company names to purchase DID's and VoIP
> termination from?  I have been looking at VoIPJet and Teliax.

In my six months of using both services full time, both have worked
reliably, but we use Teliax for DIDs as we need a company we can talk to
when we need something, and Teliax is wonderful to deal with. I have had
to move DIDs between accounts as we brought more servers online, and had
to deal with some problems with multiple account son one machine, Teliax
have spent time on the phone figuring out what I need and how to make
their system do it.
The VOIPJet rates are a little better but I only use them as standby as
the cheapest rates are not that relevant to me, good support isn't free
and I'm prepared to pay a little extra for it. The Terms of Service are
a huge turn off, but if they want to refund my money, go ahead...

I wouldn't waste time having ten different accounts, it's impossible to
monitor them all. Two good providers should provide all the redundency
you need, and DIDs can't be redundent anyway. I think you will like Teliax.

--
Chris Mason