[Asterisk-Users] Can't compile chan_zap.c on fresh cvs 1.20 checkout

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Dec 3 06:49:16 MST 2005

> > On Saturday 03 December 2005 04:09, Remco Barendse wrote:
> >> chan_zap.c:9318: warning: implicit declaration of function `pri_get_debug'
> >> chan_zap.c:10602: error: `PRI_SWITCH_QSIG' undeclared (first use in this
> >> chan_zap.c:10870: warning: passing arg 1 of `pri_set_error' from
> >> chan_zap.c:10871: warning: passing arg 1 of `pri_set_message' from
> >
> > PRI is involved in every one of these messages...  I'd start looking to see if
> > you've got libpri installed, including the libpri headers.  :-)
>
> Hmmm, guess you are right. But this is a home PBX, I'm never going to need
> a PRI here and in the past libpri was never a requirement or dependency
> for any asterisk installation.
>
> Has this now changed or do I (somewhere, someplace) have some stuff in a
> config file which make(s) :) asterisk believe it should do something with
> PRI stuff?

You might review each statement in your zapata.conf file to ensure those
that are used pertain to whatever card/interface you are using. In past
sample configs that folks have posted, some have included things like
'switchtype=national' for their x100p/tdm card, and that parameter (as
one example only) is associated with PRI's.

For the past two years, I've always compiled and installed zaptel, libpri,
and asterisk at the same time. The libpri modules only get loaded _if_
a card is detected in the system that requires them. Certainly doesn't
hurt anything.