[Asterisk-Users] Re: Linksys SPA-841 Missing Calls

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wsr+asterisk-users at lists.wsrcc.com
Fri Dec 2 22:43:01 MST 2005

>> Might the SPA-841 be crashing and rebooting?  With the current
>> firmware (v. 3.1.4) I often see my phone hang and flash all its lights
>
> Really? For me the 841 is a quite stable phone. Out of the 15 we have
> in the office neither one crashed in the past 3 months. And they are
> used heavily. The phone has weaknesses, but stability in my opinion is
> not one of them.
>
> Phone info:
>   Software Version: 3.1.4(a)
>   Hardware Version: 1.0.0(1813)
>   Elapsed Time: 50 days and 09:48:10

I only have 1 phone so it is hard to tell if the crashing is a
hardware or software problem.  I never noticed the phone having
problems previous to this.  I did resync asterisk to HEAD a month ago.
Thats also about the time the phone started crashing (or at least I
started noticing it).  Come to think of it, I've been running the
current firmware in the phone since July 20th.  The only think that
changed in recently was asterisk.  I wonder if there is something the
newer asterisk is doing that the phone really hates...

Asterisk CVS HEAD built by root at bonnet.wsrcc.com on a amd64 running
OpenBSD on 2005-11-02 00:58:42 UTC

Software Version:	3.1.4(a)
Hardware Version:	1.0.0(700b)
Elapsed Time:	1 day and 05:54:03
                (crashed during a call)

> People have been reporting a finicky ethernet connector, so maybe that
> is the reason the phone does not answer to any traffic?

Yea, this phone has that problem too.  ;-) Some cables just don't
work.

-wolfgang
Direct SIP URL Dialing: http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/phonedirectory.html