[Asterisk-Users] Re: Linksys SPA-841 Missing Calls

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Fri Dec 2 19:35:33 MST 2005

> Might the SPA-841 be crashing and rebooting?  With the current
> firmware (v. 3.1.4) I often see my phone hang and flash all its lights

Really? For me the 841 is a quite stable phone. Out of the 15 we have
in the office neither one crashed in the past 3 months. And they are
used heavily. The phone has weaknesses, but stability in my opinion is
not one of them.

Phone info:
  Software Version: 3.1.4(a)
  Hardware Version: 1.0.0(1813)
  Elapsed Time: 50 days and 09:48:10

There was a bug (and I don't know if it still exist) that would cause
this phone to reboot if the Caller ID name was longer than 31 letters.
This was completely reproducible, but I think it was fixed.

People have been reporting a finicky ethernet connector, so maybe that
is the reason the phone does not answer to any traffic? Or can you
ping it when it's not responding? Any ideas what the display says...
well just some ideas.

--Luki