[Asterisk-Users] Broadband VoIP Startup with Asterisk

jglucky at blueware.net jglucky at blueware.net
Fri Dec 2 20:54:05 MST 2005

We are currently an ISP offering broadband and wireless internet
connections.  We are planning to start offering VoIP services to our
current customers.  We have decided to use Asterisk as our PBX software.

If I may, I have a multi-part question.

1) If we do use Asterisk, what would be a good billing system to use to
keep track of thousands of customers minutes?
2) Are there are any good back end software available for Asterisk in
which our customers could log into and view their usage, etc?
3) We are currently testing the Asterisk system using VoIPJet over an IAX
connection to our Asterisk system.  Would their be any benefits or
disadvantages to putting in a PRI line instead?
4) What is some good company names to purchase DID's and VoIP termination
from?  I have been looking at VoIPJet and Teliax.  I also am a member of
DIDX.  DIDX does not seem to have any numbers in the area where I will be
marketing first.

I have read some solutions to all my answers above on the Wiki, however, I
would like some comments from people who have actually gone through his
process.  As we all know, it is much easier to put in a good system from
the beginning, then have to switch everything over once its running.

Thanks for everyone help with the above questions.

-jglucky