[Asterisk-Users] what is your echo solution

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 2 09:42:16 MST 2005

> Just wandering what solution worked to eliminate echo on your setup.
>
> I am trying every solutions I can find on the wiki and none is working
> perfectly.
>
> We have asterisk 1.2.0
> 3 x digium TDM400P
> 30 Snom320 + 5 Snom360
>
> For now the best setup I have is using Mark2 Echo cancel.

I'm running cvs-head from about a week ago with all stock parameters
including echo can. Zapata.conf looks like:
context=inbound-bus-dialin
signalling=fxs_ks
group=1
echocancel=yes
echotraining=800
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
usecallerid=no
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=no
rxgain=5
txgain=0

I'm about 7db from the central office, so the gains have been tweeked
to work with those pstn losses.

It _seems_ like folks with snom phones and a TDM card have more issues
with echo then others. Could be wrong though. I'm using Cisco 7960's.