[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk as a gateway to Index PBX

Jo Knight joknight at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Dec 1 15:32:06 MST 2005

Hi,

Is it possible to have an Asterisk act as a gateway to an Index PBX. I
would like to migrate users from Index to Asterisk, but need to have
some kind of mechanism for the 2 systems to communicate during the
migration.

I have read that this can be done by installing a dual port PRI card
into the Asterisk server, to which the ISDN30 will be connected, and
then run a PRI crossover cable into the Index. I have seen this
mentioned, but have not been able to find any configuration examples or
tips.

Can it be done, and if anyone knows how then please point me in the
right direction...

Thanks,
Jo