[Asterisk-Users] Call Recording

Michiel van Baak michiel at vanbaak.info
Thu Dec 1 11:35:11 MST 2005

Hi,

On 19:27, Thu 01 Dec 05, Hans Witvliet wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Perhaps a newby question, perhaps something impossible.
> While waiting for my HW to arrive, i've been studying the wiki's and
> TFOT to be preparred when it comes. Info is overwhelming. It seems that
> anything is possible...
>
> Is it possible to record allways from begin to end an entire
> conversation, without anybody having to press keys?

Yes, have a look at the Monitor command.

> I know it is possible as in an answering machine. But is it also
> possible for an answered call?
> And most ideal would be if it was ogg (or mp3), stereo, each call-party
> its own (L/R)channel. So if both parties speak at the same moment, eachr
> can still be heard, by turning either the left or right volume off.

Monitor can mix the 2 sides together, or leave the 2 sides
in a seperate file. Just put together a shellscript to run
when channel is hangup and do the mixing yourself.
Soxmix should be able to mix it L/R I guess.
The wav can then be converted to .ogg.

--
Michiel van Baak
http://michiel.vanbaak.info