[Asterisk-Users] voipbuster

Tony Hoyle tmh at nodomain.org
Thu Dec 1 09:22:29 MST 2005

Alejandro Vargas wrote:
> But I tried the username and passwrord of an account with credit, and
> the registration is refused. With the voipbuster propietary software
> it works ok (I sniffed the packets and I think it is not using
> standard iax or sip ports). Are the acconts with credit blocked for
> avoiding it's use with ohter software than voipbuster's?

The following works in iax.conf for me:

[voipbuster]
host=iax.voipbuster.com
type=peer
username=<username>
secret=<password>
qualify=yes
context=inbound

Also the same company (finarea) runs sipdiscount (which are currently
slightly better rates than voipbuster, but it varies a lot so you have
to keep on top of it.. they'll probably start a new company with
different rates again next week!).

btw. does anyone have a definitive list of all the finarea VOIP
companies?  I can think of:

call1899
call18866
voipbuster
sipdiscount
voipcheap (note: this one uses a proprietary protocol, similar to IAX
but over different ports and not compatibile).

Tony