[Asterisk-Users] Softphone vmail indicator and TDM400P woes

Blake OPS blakeops at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 21:25:24 MST 2005

Hello list...

1) Is there an IAX softphone that supports any kind of voicemail indicator?

2) I have 2 TDM400Ps installed in a system. I need the audio on the
analog phone (FXS modules) to be amplified somewhere between 10 and
15db so I set rxgain and txgain to 15 for the FXO interfaces and FXS
interfaces. When a call comes in on the FXO at this setting, the call
sometimes has about 20 seconds of loud noise that sounds like it might
be music in the background. The problem is intermittent. Any ideas on
how to solve this one? What settings should I use so that everything
is at default gain (0.0) except the volume on the analog phone sounds
louder? I'm guessing txgain=10.0 (or whatever value) on the FXS
module?

Thanks in advance
BlakeOPS