[Asterisk-Users] VoipBuster with astersisk?

Tim Litwiller tim at litwiller.net
Wed Aug 31 19:02:09 MST 2005

Guillermo Salas M wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-09-01 at 09:12 +1000, rudolfl at optusnet.com.au wrote:
>
>> Hi, all
>>
>> Here is a something I found on the web:
>> http://www.voipbuster.com
>>
>> And it works OK too. Now, I want to use it via asterisk, so I ccan use my normal phones instead of PC application.
>>
>> Did anyone try to connect astersisk and VoipBuster?
>>

> I've connected but using AMP :(

I used AMP to setup mine.
add an IAX2 trunk

General Settings
I don;t think Outbound Caller ID affect anything
set Maximum channels to 1 - I haven't tried anything else I'd be curious
if more would work

Outgoing Dial Rules
I left Dial rules blank - I haven't got around to setting that yet
Since I call US exclusively I have it add 00 to the front of any  number
I dial
by putting 00 in the Outbound Dial Prefix

Outgoing Setting:

Trunk Name: voipbuster
Peer Details:

allow=gsm
context=default
disallow=all
dtmfmode=rfc2833
fromdomain=iax.voipbuster.com
host=iax.voipbuster.com
insecure=very
notransfer=yes
secret=yourpassword
type=peer
username=yourusername

Incoming Settings
User Context: from-pstn
User Details:

allow=gsm
disallow=all
host=iax.voipbuster.com
notransfer=yes
qualify=yes
secret=yourpassword
type=peer
username=yourusername

leave registration blank

then on the Outbound Routing page
add it to your current route
or create a new route
I created a new route with 4|.
so I dial 4 and then the long distance number to for it to use voipbuster

It has worked very well.