[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk -> Sipura SPA3000 peer behind NAT

LNet.com.ar info at lnet.com.ar
Wed Aug 31 12:23:23 MST 2005

Hi,

        I have a little situation here :(

        I have an Asterisk working, and in another office, a Sipura SPA-3000.
        I configured the SPA and I have the extension working, the incomming trunk working, but the outgoing trunk (peer) does not work.

        The issue is that I have a dynamic IP where the SPA is, and neither the SPA nor my router have DynamicDNS.
        So, if I manually change the host for the peer for the SPA PSTN Line, then everything works fine, and I can make local calls through it.
        BUT when my router's IP changes... I am lost. (EVEN while the extension SPAN Line 1, or the incomming trunk are registered and DO work.)

        According to what I read, if I setup the outgoing trunk to type=peer with host=dynamic, then I can make the peer to register itself into the Asterisk, so the asterisk will know where to contact the peer.
        But.... I cannot figure out how to make the SPA register as the peer? I can make it register as a type=friend for the incomming traffic, but not as a peer..

        The Line 1 part of the SPA is registering and working neatly.

        BTW I have Asterisk at home

        Any idea, suggestion, or whatever you can think about it?
        Thanks!!!

                            Alchaemist