[Asterisk-Users] Cisco 7920 and Asterisk - How well do they play together?

Bjorn Ove Kristiansen bok2 at online.no
Wed Aug 31 06:23:41 MST 2005

I’ve read various stories about the Asterisk SCCP implementation. Some say
it works fine, others say it doesn’t – stick with a SIP phone!

My dilemma is that I’d like a WI-FI phone with multi-line capability, and so
far Ciscos 7920 is the only one I’ve found. The disadvantage is that it
cannot be upgraded to support the SIP-protocol, so if I purchase such a
phone I am stuck with the SCCP.

Found a table on voip-info.org listing features and whether they were
supported in different Asterisk protocols. For skinny and SCCP the
corresponding cells only had question marks, so no useful information there.

Basically, should I go with the SCCP phone, and what would be the
advantages/disadvantages by doing so? If anyone can recommend me a
multi-line WI-FI SIP phone with support for encrypted networks, and
preferably with built-in network finder, I’d also like to hear from you.

Regards,

Bjorn