[Asterisk-Users] X100P and UK CallerID

Tim Dodge tndodge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:51:46 MST 2005

On 30/08/05, Tim Dodge <tndodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've tried using DEBUG level logging, and when there's an incoming
> call I get the "Using history buffer to to extract UK Caller ID"
> message (chan_zap.c:5172), but then nothing else before all the
> extensions.conf logging starts.
>
> I'm guessing zt_get_history isn't returning anything.

(apologies for replying to myself)

I've put some extra debugging into channels/chan_zap.c and it seems
that cidbuf returns from zt_get_history as an empty string. I don't
know how to debug kernel modules.

I've tried this with versions 1.0.7, 1.0.8 and 1.0.9.1 of zaptel with
the same result.

I've tried running asterisk as root, and it makes no difference.

Is UK Caller ID working for anyone else with an X100P clone, the
patches, and asterisk 1.0.9 / zaptel 1.0.9?

For what it's worth, I'm running kernel 2.6.12-gentoo-r9.

Cheers,
Tim