[Asterisk-Users] X100P and UK CallerID

Tim Dodge tndodge at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 12:47:25 MST 2005

On 30/08/05, Graham Kiff <graham.kiff at mail.com> wrote:
> Hi Tim
>
> Here are the my CID zapata.conf settings that are working with my TDM400P card in the UK with a BT land line.
>

> callerid=asreceived
> usecallerid=yes
> cidsignalling=v23
> cidstart=polarity
> ukcallerid=yes
>

> Cheers
> Graham

Hi Graham,

I've just tried adding "ukcallerid=yes" to my zapata.conf, but it
doesn't make any difference.

>From what I've read, my settings ought to work for X100P clones...

I've tried using DEBUG level logging, and when there's an incoming
call I get the "Using history buffer to to extract UK Caller ID"
message (chan_zap.c:5172), but then nothing else before all the
extensions.conf logging starts.

I'm guessing zt_get_history isn't returning anything.

Hmmm.... Gentoo runs asterisk as user/group asterisk:asterisk by
default. Is it possible that it's not being able to "talk" to the
zapata kernel module, because of permissions?

Tim