[Asterisk-Users] SpanDSP rxfax TSID variable name?

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Wed Aug 31 07:24:30 MST 2005

Woody Sturges wrote:

> Scott's SpanDSP FAQ mentions that the senders' TSID (20 bytes sent by
> sending fax machine) is made available, but doesn't mention where or
> how.  Is there a variable or something that's set?  I didn't see it in
> http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Asterisk+variables

I suppose trying the help would be a little too obscure? :-\

  RxFAX(filename[|caller][|debug]): Receives a FAX from the channel into the
given filename. If the file exists it will be overwritten. The file
should be in TIFF/F format.
The "caller" option makes the application behave as a calling machine,
rather than the answering machine. The default behaviour is to behave as
an answering machine.
Uses LOCALSTATIONID to identify itself to the remote end.
     LOCALHEADERINFO to generate a header line on each page.
Sets REMOTESTATIONID to the sender CSID.
     FAXPAGES to the number of pages received.
     FAXBITRATE to the transmition rate.
     FAXRESOLUTION to the resolution.
Returns -1 when the user hangs up.
Returns 0 otherwise.

  TxFAX(filename[|caller][|debug]):  Send a given TIFF file to the
channel as a FAX.
The \"caller\" option makes the application behave as a calling machine,
rather than the answering machine. The default behaviour is to behave as
an answering machine.
Uses LOCALSTATIONID to identify itself to the remote end.
     LOCALHEADERINFO to generate a header line on each page.
Sets REMOTESTATIONID to the receiver CSID.
Returns -1 when the user hangs up, or if the file does not exist.
Returns 0 otherwise.