[Asterisk-Users] TE110p and E1

El Flynn el_flynn at lanvik-icu.com
Wed Aug 31 05:52:58 MST 2005

Stephen wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have configure my Asterisk as follow (using Asterisk at home):
>
> [zaptel.conf]
> span=1,1,0,ccs,hdb3,yellow
> bchan=1-15,17-31
> dchan=16
> loadzone = uk
> defaultzone=uk

try this in your zaptel.conf:

span=1,0,0,ccs,hdb3,crc4
bchan=1-15
dchan=16
bchan=17-31

CRC required for E1 from telekom IIRC

<snip>

> I am connecting my TE110P with a Balun converter where the two BNC
> connectors are from connected to a Fibre optic line.
>
> When I reboot my pc , I got my TE110P LED flashing RED slowly. But
> nothing happen when I hooked up to Balun Convertor. Balun convertor is
> 75ohm on BNC and 120ohm on RJ45.
>
> I am using straight through cable to connect my TE110P to Balun.

Are you sure you have the zap modules loaded?

Got the same type of setup going and it works fine, as far as the physical
connection from E1 -> balun -> card. Try connecting it first and then loading
the zap modules, although it shouldn't make any difference.

In any case, start up asterisk with -vvvvvdgc and see what kind of errors are
showing up.

Flynn