[Asterisk-Users] ICD Features

Hadar Pedhazur hadar at unorthodox.com
Tue Aug 30 12:16:58 MST 2005

Following up on a thread that I started about Agents/Queue and
acknowledging calls before bridging them...

Greg Boehnlein said that he was putting his efforts into ICD.

I downloaded and installed ICD, and I can get simple queue and agent
stuff working fine, and see that this new design is much cleaner and
more powerful.

That said, in the sample conf files, the "acknowledge_call" field is
labeled as "TBD", so it doesn't appear to be implemented yet.

A quick scan of the c files shows it being parsed in at least one place
(or so I think), but I am also not getting the debug output on the CLI
that seems to be in there, so I'm either putting the keyword in the
wrong place (I have it in the agent definition context) or that part of
the code doesn't get hit.

Anyway, the real point of this post is to point out that I am marginally
surprised that there is close to zero traffic on this list regarding
ICD, and I don't know if that's because no one uses it, no one has any
problems with it (including wanting to get the new stuff working), or
I'm just on the wrong list (I am not currently subscribed to -dev, but
would head over there if this is an active topic on that list).

If the authors of ICD are on this list, and prefer a private email
dialogue, that would work as well, as I'm willing to be a serious tester
of the app.