[Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number in dial command

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Tue Aug 30 06:31:11 MST 2005

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005, Michel Koenen wrote:

> Your example is still doing what I tried already, so eventually the
> dial command ends like:
> Dial(zap/4/*21*)
> or
> Dial(zap/4/*31*)
> I prefer to use  Dial(zap/4/*21*<thenumber>)
> or Dial(zap/4/*31*<thenumber>)
>
> But whatever I try, the error message as in my first post shows up and
> the line hangs up before the connection is made. So I assume the so
> called 'keypad protocol' which is used here in the Netherlands and
> possible in other countries is messing it up. I still hope there is
> somebody out there who can help out.
>
> Btw: my problem is not about how to use the Asterisk extension
> (because that can be any extension where I want to put the dial
> command after).

Hi Michel,

First off, are you sure that these feature codes are supported on your
type of ISDN line?  Often the features available are different on an ISDN
line as to on an analogue.

If they are supported, the other thing I can think of is that this may
have something to do with the numbering plan that you are signalling with.

What numbering plan are you sending?

Regards,
Steve