[Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number in dial command

Michel Koenen michel.koenen at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:31:17 MST 2005

Hi Damon and others,

Your example is still doing what I tried already, so eventually the
dial command ends like:
Dial(zap/4/*21*)
or
Dial(zap/4/*31*)
I prefer to use  Dial(zap/4/*21*<thenumber>)
or Dial(zap/4/*31*<thenumber>)

But whatever I try, the error message as in my first post shows up and
the line hangs up before the connection is made. So I assume the so
called 'keypad protocol' which is used here in the Netherlands and
possible in other countries is messing it up. I still hope there is
somebody out there who can help out.

Btw: my problem is not about how to use the Asterisk extension
(because that can be any extension where I want to put the dial
command after).

Best regards,
Michel Koenen