[Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number indialcommand

Michel Koenen michel.koenen at gmail.com
Tue Aug 30 00:46:14 MST 2005

> From: "Damon Estep" <damon at suburbanbroadband.net>
> Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number
>        indialcommand
>
> Good to hear you have found a temporary solution, although I think it is
> the permanent solution.
>
> Keypad protocol is a bandaid to fix the real problem, not a solution.
> The problem is that many PBXs cant set the caller ID presentation
> fields, so keypad protocol was derived to work around it and allow end
> users to modify caller ID representation from the handset 'keypads'
>
> Use the caller ID presentation flags! That is the RIGHT way to do things
> on ISDN.
>
> Damon

Well, probably it can be a permanent solution to get the CLIR
functionality but there are other functionalities which are accessible
by keypad protocol like
CFU  *21*
CFNR *61*

Unless there is another dialplan command which can set these...

Again , thanks for helping me out. I am happy now ;-)

Regards,
Michel