[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Matt Fredrickson creslin at digium.com
Mon Aug 29 12:04:27 MST 2005

On Sun, Aug 28, 2005 at 02:52:20PM -0400, Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:
> On Sunday 28 August 2005 11:59, Steve Underwood wrote:
> > I don't follow why knowing that impedance mismatch is the problem has
> > stopped you making fxotune fix it. :-\ Where you the one who asked me
> > how to make fxotune work well on IRC? Someone asked a while ago, and
> > said they were working on a faster tuning algorithm for fxotune. I've
> > forgotten who.
>
> I thought fxotune set up the built-in FIR filter in the DAA and nothing more.
> I'm really uncertain how a little filter is going to help with impedance
> matching, as it's still the same frequency ranges that need to get through to
> be digitized.
>
> I have, however, been known to be mistaken on more than one occassion.  :-)

fxotune currently only does tuning with the AC impedance functions on the Si3050.

If there is continued line-related echo problems, there is always the option of
adding the onboard digital hybrid tuning to the mix, but it is unable to fix the
problem as much as doing the AC impedance tuning.  The onboard hybrid is more
for that last step of tweaking, only to be used after doing the line adjustment
for the AC impedance.

--
Matthew Fredrickson