[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Sun Aug 28 11:52:20 MST 2005

On Sunday 28 August 2005 11:59, Steve Underwood wrote:
> I don't follow why knowing that impedance mismatch is the problem has
> stopped you making fxotune fix it. :-\ Where you the one who asked me
> how to make fxotune work well on IRC? Someone asked a while ago, and
> said they were working on a faster tuning algorithm for fxotune. I've
> forgotten who.

I thought fxotune set up the built-in FIR filter in the DAA and nothing more.
I'm really uncertain how a little filter is going to help with impedance
matching, as it's still the same frequency ranges that need to get through to
be digitized.

I have, however, been known to be mistaken on more than one occassion.  :-)

-A.