[Asterisk-Users] Polycom Reboot Script

Matthew T. O'Connor matthew at zeut.net
Sun Aug 28 22:21:38 MST 2005

Hello, I'm trying to setup the revised Polycom remote reboot script as
found on:
http://www.voip-info.org/tiki-index.php?page=Polycom+reboot+hardphone+script

I'm not sure how to use this script, it's just a perl script, so I tried
creating an executable perl script and running it, but I get the following:

[root at asterisk1 agi-bin]# ./polycom_reboot.pl 192.168.3.205
Checking ARP table.
192.168.3.205 is reachable.
checking for polycom config name...
touching config file /home/polycom/0004f201d398.cfg
./polycom_reboot.pl line 97, <ARP> line 3.
./polycom_reboot.pl line 99, <ARP> line 3.
./polycom_reboot.pl line 99, <ARP> line 3.
reboot of phone 192.168.3.205 was successful

While it does say it is successful, I can tell you the phone does NOT
reboot.

line 97 looks like this:
    $call_id  = $tm . "msgto$sip_to";

It's part of this sub routine:

sub reboot_sip_phone {    # Send the phone a check-sync to reboot it
    $phone_ip = shift;

    $local_ip = shift;
    $sip_to   = shift;
    $sip_from = "asterisk";