[Asterisk-Users] Variuos hangup codes in Manager API for failover

Matt Riddell matt.riddell at sineapps.com
Sun Aug 28 20:35:52 MST 2005

Geoff Karl wrote:
> I am currently using the Manager API to place a few calls. I have more than
> one VSP available.
>
> I was wondering how to best tell a call failed to move on to the next VSP.
>
> I see messages like this, which is an obvious failure, and I would then move
> on to the next VSP.

Normally the way I do it is to program the failover into the dialplan and then
send the call to Local/exten at context to initiate it.

That way if you roll the software out to clients (who may have 1 or 100 or 100
providers set up) then they will not need to make alterations.

BTW: Rather than checking for all of the possible failures that could occur
why not just check for a success or lack thereof.

--
Cheers,

Matt Riddell