[Asterisk-Users] How to use * and # as part of number in dial command

Francesco Peeters Francesco at FamPeeters.com
Sun Aug 28 01:45:26 MST 2005

On Sat, August 27, 2005 23:41, Michel Koenen said:
> Hi all,
>
> I am struggling with the following and I can't get it work:
>
> In the Netherlands where I live it is possible to use special codes
> (aka vertical service codes) to set special 'behaviour' of phonecalls.
> So e.g. when I want to dial out with a normal phone and I dial
> *31*<phonenumber to dial> then it will turn off my numberindication
> (CID) at the called party.  They seem to call this the 'keypad
> protocol' but I  cannot find this term when searching through asterisk
> documents.
>
> My asterisk system is connected to an ISDN line with HFC card. I use
> zaphfc module for that.  In my extensions I tried several things to
> dial out and use the *31* but without success.

A few others are:
Call forwarding: *21*<number># / #21#
Delayed forwarding: *61*<number># / #21#
Busy forwarding: *63*<number># / #63#

(the ## numbers are to disable the service)

I am glad to see this topic come up before I ran in to it myself!  ;-) I'm
curious about the answers...

--
Francesco Peeters
----