[Asterisk-Users] NAT and SIP.conf update.

razza rjames31 at btopenworld.com
Sat Aug 27 05:26:58 MST 2005

I'm assuming no apps/scripts exist which completes this?
Can someone please confirm that if I use a FQDN in sip.conf for my
external IP, the FQDN is only resolved at the time of loading, therefore
if my IP changes after sip is loaded, I will have to manually reload
asterisk/sip?

Regards,
Ray

Ray Originally Wrote:
I have a standard BT home DSL, which means I cannot have a static IP
address, therefore i'm forced to use NAT, I subscribe to a DDNS service
and have written a VB app which polls the router every 10 seconds and
updates the DDNS if appropriate.

This is fine but I need to be able to modify my sip.conf (externip =
w.x.y.z) and reload sip, does anyone know of a script/app which does an
nslookup and modifies the conf file, then reloads sip?

Regards,
Ray