[Asterisk-Users] Will Echo problems EVER be solved, I'm scared

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Sat Aug 27 00:47:28 MST 2005

> > Is it practical to 'assume' that in your case mentioned above that
> > #1 is not going to occur again (since I assume when you say 'line'
> > you are referring to an outside pstn line), and, #2 is in a mode
> > of fine-tuning the training when in fact you'd really like it to
> > start the coarse-training from scratch?
>
> Thanks Rich for the comments. Obviously you got my point. And I was hoping
> that it is possible somehow to do #1 (coarse-training from scratch) after a
> PSTN line is transfered to another phone or something very important changes
> about a call. But considering how complicated a situation this might be
> (there is music on hold to say the least, or perhaps the transferee may
> reject the call and the call returns to the operator [in which case you
> wouldn't want #1], etc.) I guess this is not a simple task. Anyway, I'll
> keep on watching for a solution.

The echo canceler preload happens shortly after the analog line is
seized. Since a call transfer does not open/close the pstn line again,
its not going to preload again. However, it should not have to anyway
since there hasn't been any electrical changes there.

What type of phones are you using internal when you're transferring a
call?

Rich