[Asterisk-Users] [Announce] Pending update to Web-MeetMe

Dan Austin Dan_Austin at Phoenix.com
Fri Aug 26 20:16:24 MST 2005

[What it is]
	Web-MeetMe is a collection of PHP pages to allow for database
driven scheduling of conference resources.

[Current features]
	Schedule new conferences
		1.  Control start and end times
		2.  Set conference pin #
			a.  Generate one if the requester leaves it
blank
			b.  Identify pin # conflicts (another conference
with
				the same pin is scheduled at the same
time)
		3.  Set Admin and User passwords
			a.  Generate a user password if an Admin pw is
set
				but the User pw is blank
		4.  Email the details for a successfully scheduled
conference
		5.  Separate views for Current, Past and Future
conferences
		6.  Ability to modify the end time of a running
conference
			a.  Can also reschedule a past or future
conference.
		7.  Monitor realtime conference activity
			a.  Mute/Kick participants

[What's new]
	I've had a number of folks submit enhancements or make requests
for
improvements.  Specifically with how people should be limited to viewing
other
parties conferences.  So-

		1.  Optional authentication
			a.  Currently Active Directory or LDAP based
			b.  Authentication is abstracted so
unix/PAM/DB/RADIUS
				support could be easily added (but
outside of my
				interest to do so (patches welcome))
		2.  Users can only monitor, update or delete their
conferences
		3.  Verified administrators can monitor, update or
delete any
			conferences.
		4.  Updated to CVS-Head (a couple weeks ago, will target
1.2 soon)
			a.  Changes to the Manager interface may have
caused
				support for 1.0.X to slip, I cannot test
that)

[Maybe]
	A recent list post about Marked callers and Admins prompted me
to think
that perhaps the conference flags should be stored in the database, so
the scheduler
could pick the conference options that they want.  While I don't see
this as too hard
to add, I think that the interface would be a bit busy with even a
subset of the 22
flags available in recent MeetMe versions.  So this is a call for
feedback, if anyone
even wants such a feature-

	1.  Does anyone want it?
	2.  What options should be available?
		a.  For Users?
		b.  For  Admins?
		c.  Any that should be considered default and not
optional?
	3.  Should I consider the current features a release point, or
is there
		something I missed that should be added before packaging
it?

I appreciate the feedback I have received since the last announcement,
and
apologize that I allowed work to get in the way of development.

Thanks and enjoy,
Dan