[Asterisk-Users] When 486 ATA crashes, asterisk does not disconnect the call

Joel Jn-Francois joel at caribtrade.com
Fri Aug 26 10:11:25 MST 2005

Hi,

On several occasions one or more of our grandstream Handy tone 486 ATA
would crash.  If for some reason that ATA is not rebooted immediately,
asterisk would not disconnect the call, even though the party on the other
end of the call have already hung up the call.  The call would continue via
my asterisk server and my sip termination provider indefinitely until I
either reboot the ATA device or restart asterisk.  It even ignores the
timeout setting for the call. Can anyone explain why that would happen and
how I can resolve that problem.

Thanks

Joel