[Asterisk-Users] CVS-HEAD: KB1 echo canceller -- USE IT

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Thu Aug 25 10:39:02 MST 2005

Y'all will know me on this circuit for the past year or so, and you'll know
I've done some pretty intense testing with various aspects of Asterisk and
Zaptel drivers.

The Kris Boutilier's modifiecations to the MARK2 echo canceller are A#1.  I
have always had a little residual echo on my home zap lines and the odd echo
on my PRI lines (not connected through the TE406).  It was well within
acceptable bounds for the most part for myself and for those who use the
system.

For everyone having nagging little echo issues that just won't quite go away
and you've tried everything else....  use KB1.  I really hope after some more
extensive testing this goes in as the default software echo can.  Congrats,
Kris... you have a real winner here in my books.

-A.