[Asterisk-Users] Can't call to cellular phones from extensions

Claudio Canseco claudio.canseco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 10:34:51 MST 2005

Hi,

Can someone help me understand why I can't make calls to cellphones?

Last week I edited my extensions.conf and created a context for outbound calls

[outgoing]
exten => _92XXXXXX,1,NoOp("Call for "${EXTEN:1})
exten => _92XXXXXX,2,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN:1})

exten => _04466.,1,NoOp("Call for "(${EXTEN})  ;Llamadas a Celular
exten => _04466.,2,Dial(Zap/1/${EXTEN})

It was working fine, i could make local calls dialing 9 and the local
7-digit phone number, and to dial cellular phones you have to dial
04466 and the 8-digit cellphone number. As I said this config was
working fine, but suddenly it started to redirect all my celphone
calls to the 066 service number (emergency number here where i live),
I just don't figure out why is redirecting my celphone calls. I still
can do local calls.

BTW I'm calling from an X-lite softphone installed on a WinXP system.

Any comment is welcome, tnx
-Claudio Canseco