[Asterisk-Users] SIP Registration --Giving up forever after very short network outage.

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Wed Aug 24 23:54:47 MST 2005

Steve Gladden wrote:

> Yes!!!, thank you VERY much this is what I needed.
> Where are these options documented at?
> I'm guessing the source code?
> Or is there a better place to find this stuff?
>
> A search on the wiki for "registertimeout" or "registerattempts"
> reveals absolutely nothing.
>
> I had been searching ealier for things like SIP register timeout
> and "Giving up forever" all to no avail.

You should always check configs/sip.conf.sample in your source code
directory. We update docs/ and configs/ very often.

We recently updated the behaviour on authentication for INVITEs as well
in CVS head, the base for 1.2. We will now give up if we can't
authenticate, so the call goes back to the dialplan with CONGESTION
instead of trying forever and ever.

/Olle

---
Astricon 2005 - wanna speak? Check http://www.astricon.net/2005/speakers
Looking for call center, business and service providers business cases!