[Asterisk-Users] Zaptel Not Sending Tones

Kenny Kant kennyk74 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 24 10:54:57 MST 2005

Hello everyone, I had an asterisk box which was
working great bt now for some reason I cannot dial out
on any of my outside lines.  I am using a TDM card
with 4 FXO ports.

System:
Debian Sarge, 2.6.8-2-386
Compaq Proliant ML370 G2 Server
Polycom IP500 Phones
dtmfmode=rfc2833

I initially set up my system by comiling the latest
cvs zaptel drivers and then the lastest cvs asterisk.
Configured my system and every thing seemed to worked
great.  But somehow I changed something or my TDM card
is toasted because now when I dial an outside line I
always receive the telecom standard recording that my
"call could not be completed try again"

I am using the following extensions.conf line to dial
an outside line:

"exten => _9X.,1,Dial,Zap/g1/1-4/${EXTEN:1}"

When I dial a number such as 95555555 on my phone
asterisk CLI shows this:

-- Executing Dial("SIP/202-115a", "Zap/g1/1
4/5555555") in new stack
-- Called g1/1-4/5555555
-- Zap/1-1 answered SIP/202-115a

Then I hear afer about 7 seconds the operator message.
 I have listened in with an analog handset to what is
happening on the line when asterisk runs this command
is sending tones... but they seem to be not "spaced"
correctly.

- I tried switching from koolstart signaling to
loopstart no change.

- I tried installing the Sarge zaptel package of
drivers and then recompiling asterisk.  No change.

- I tried recompiling latest cvs of zaptel and
asterisk, no change.

I have the following setup in my zaptel.conf

loadzone = us
defaultzone=us
fxsks=1-4 (switched this to fxsls for loopstart
testing no change)

zapata.conf

[trunkgroups]
[channels]
context=default
switchtype=national
signalling=fxo_ls
rxwink=300
usecallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
callwaiting=no
restrictcid=yes
usecallingpres=yes
callwaitingcallerid=no
threewaycalling=yes
transfer=yes
canpark=yes
cancallforward=yes
callreturn=yes
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
rxgain=0.0
txgain=0.0
group=1
callgroup=1
pickupgroup=1
immediate=no
signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
echocancelwhenbridged=yes
echotraining=400
group=1
context=default
channel => 1-4

To conclude, I have tested this on different physical
phone lines, different extensions, different channels
on the tdm card and the same result happens.  Tested
the phone line without asterisk... no problem lines
work fine?

Any help ?

Thanks all

Kenny