[Asterisk-Users] chan_unical-MFC/R2 CPU usage problem

Leonardo Gomes Figueira sabbath at planetarium.com.br
Wed Aug 24 09:01:15 MST 2005

Hi,

Hadi Jadallah wrote:
> I have installed chan_unicall and MFC/R2 successfully, and is runnign fine.
> But I noticed that once unicall is installed, asterisk CPU usage as reported by 'top', jumps to 99% every few seconds.
> I have no incoming calls, and I have even removed the E1 lines from card and I tried almost everything possible but I was not successful in determining the cause of this high cpu utilization.

It happens here too. But only when there is at least one Unicall channel
  up. It does not happen on every call and I couldn't find a pattern yet.

> My setup includes:
> asterisk 1.0.9, libpri 1.0.9, and zaptel 1.0.9.1
> Unicall 0.0.3pre3 and tried unicall-0.0.2c
> Digium TE410p
> Intel SE7520BD2 with Xeon 3.4GHz, 2 Gig Ram

Almost the same setup here. The only difference is hardware. Soyo + P4
2.8 512MB.

You didn't specify your R2 variant. Here it's the brazilian and the
Asterisk box is connected on an Ericsson MD110.

I'll upgrade to 0.0.3pre4 now. Maybe it's fixed in this version ?

Bye,

Leonardo