[Asterisk-Users] TDM400P : no dial tone...

Marc Lécuyer marc at maxiscreen.com
Wed Aug 24 03:43:31 MST 2005

Hi,

I recently installed a gentoo on a PC, purchased a TDM400 and installed
asterisk.
Kernel is 2.6.11-rc3

First, there seems to be a problem with my system: I must put the
pci=routeirq to make the card detected.

The modules are loaded ok (dmesg output)

Zapata Telephony Interface Registered on major 196
ACPI: PCI interrupt 0000:00:08.0[A] -> GSI 16 (level, low) -> IRQ 16
Freshmaker version: 73
Freshmaker passed register test
Module 0: Installed -- AUTO FXS/DPO
Module 1: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 2: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Module 3: Installed -- AUTO FXO (FCC mode)
Found a Wildcard TDM: Wildcard TDM400P REV I (4 modules)
Registered tone zone 2 (France)

the lights are green behind the board

The zaptel tool zttool see the board, and detects activity:
phoning to a port or off hoocking a phone makes the tool detect one
active channel and so on.. so it seems that the boad so far is working.

but....
when I off-hook a phone, no dial tone.. but I can hear the DTMF of my
phone...

the card is configured as follow:

vodka ~ # grep -v "#" /etc/zaptel.conf
fxoks=1
fxsks=2-4

loadzone=fr
defaultzone=fr

(module 1 is one fxs, and 2 3 and 4 are fxo modules, so it is a TDM13B).

asterisk is configured as follow:

vodka asterisk # more /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
[channels]
context=test
usercallerid=yes
hidecallerid=no
immediate=no

signalling=fxo_ks
echocancel=yes
group=1
channel=1

signalling=fxs_ks
echocancel=yes
group=2
channel=2-4

vodka asterisk # more extensions.conf
[test]
exten => s,1,Wait(1)
exten => s,2,Answer()
exten => s,3,Playback(tt-weasels)
exten => s,4,Playback(vm-goodbye)
exten => s,5,HangUp()

exten => 1111,1,Dial(Zap/g4/0630916262)

I am using the gentoo package, so it's not up to date.. next step is to
try with newer CVS version ?
Current versions are 1.0.8

I would love to avoid that but if you think the config files are ok,
then I would try to do with latest code..

By the way, is there anywhere in the log of asterisk where I should see
"ohh someone picked up a phone on port 1" or "hey this line is ringing"
or even "wow, that's a PCI card I found here"

Thx for your help.

BRs,
--
Marc