[Asterisk-Users] NAT and SIP.conf update.

Rudolf Ladyzhenskii rudolfl at optusnet.com.au
Wed Aug 24 01:51:24 MST 2005

Message

>I have a standard BT home DSL, which means I cannot have a static IP
>address, therefore i'm forced to use NAT, I subscribe to a DDNS >service
>and have written a VB app which polls the router every 10 seconds and
>updates the DDNS if appropriate.

There are ready applications to do that

>This is fine but I need to be able to modify my sip.conf (externip =
>w.x.y.z) and reload sip, does anyone know of a script/app which does an
> >nslookup and modifies the conf file, then reloads sip?

What are you running behind NAT? Do you have asterisk server or SIP client?
In case of server, you just set in sip.conf
externip <my address as FQDN>

In case of SIP clients, set :
host=dynamic

in the definition of relevant client.

I have both server and client running behind NAT without any problems.

Rudolf